Ok, I’m so excited I couldn’t wait to blog about it! Sit down because I have learned how to make a quick and easy dish, you know the type of dish all the cookbooks tell you that you need to have in your arsenal as the go-to dish when company drops by? Eureka and praise the lamb, I’ve found it! Reading this post led me to this Ruhlman’s post and of course the video. I’ve made a couple of small adjustments but when I tell you I’ve made this recipe 4 times within the last week, there is no exaggerating!
- 4 Vine Tomatoes
- Kosher or Sea Salt
- 1 Lime
- Pasta (I used Linguine)
- 10 Cloves Garlic
- Handful Basil
- 3 tbsp. Butter
- Olive Oil
- Dice tomatoes and add salt to taste, also lime juice. Let sit for approx. 1/2 hr.
- Put water to boil for pasta. Chop garlic cloves and basil.
- When water starts boiling, add pasta and begin heating olive oil in another pan.
- Add garlic cloves. Add basil once garlic begins to brown.
- Strain juice from diced tomatoes into pan with garlic cloves/basil.
- Add butter and cook on medium high heat to thicken sauce.
- Add tomatoes, saute for a couple of minutes.
- Add pasta, some shredded Parmesan and let set for a couple of minutes!
- Enjoy your food!
FYI, I think this would be an awesome dish to add red pepper flakes too.